Monday, April 2, 2018

Product Highlight : Ephemera

Hi CTK Friends!  It's Emma and Nathalie on the blog today to share a couple layouts featuring some of the ephemera in the April Kits.

I loooooooove die-cuts (easier for me to say than ephemera, lol, I'm always typing ephemera wrong!).  They are without a doubt my favourite and the very first thing I'll look for in any collection or kit.  They are so easy to add onto a page or if you're anything like me - use all over your layout ;)


I absolutely love the die-cuts included in the Add-on kit this month - the colours are so bright and I couldn't wait to use them on my layout.  They are also perfect for using on their own!  Although I love the  papers included in the kit, for this page I've let the die-cuts steal all the glory and just used white cardstock for my background.



To frame my page I machine stitched a border around three sides of my page in white, red, yellow and blue (to keep the bright colour theme going!).  At the top I used a section the crayon die-cut because it's got all the colours and is a perfect match to balance out the die-cuts at the bottom of my page.


The bottom of my page features layers of the brightest die-cuts I could find that fit with my page theme - although those iceream and lollipops might be a bit of a stretch ;)  My title is a combination of the die-cut "hello" and the smaller alphas included with this month's Main Scrapbooking Kit.



To finish off my page I added a one of the veneer pieces under my journaling and few groupings of the enamel dots to fill in some of the white space I had on my page.  They really finish it off perfectly!



And there you go - a fun little page without any patterned paper and a whole bunch of die-cuts!  I'm so happy how it finished up.  Die-cuts really are my favourite embellishment - you can use them here and there or you can use them to fill your page and leave out everything else :)

Take care, Em xo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello everyone!

Don't you  just love the colorful and fun cluster of die cuts in Emma's page.  That large cluster of images draws your eye to the page.  A beauty, so into my scraplift file it goes!!.

Now let me show you what i created using the Savannah Main and Embellishment kits.  This month kits are gorgeous (but i think there hasn't been a kit we have not loved!!).  But just like Emma, i always look for the pack of ephemera to see what inspires me to create.




I am not a cat person, but all the mer-cats/cat-mermaids in the ephemera pack were just too cute to pass up.   So i used them all up to create this page about my daughter and niece's love for the swimming pool.










To bring the water color to the background, a bit of Distress Oxide inks were blended together.  A few drops of water created the bleach/splash  look in the water.   While the color set in the page,  I create the cut file for the title/main focus of the page.




I backed all the letters  but the "O" with papers from the main kit and some foam adhesive, and then added my picture to the inside of the letter O.  Then used the Dear Lizzy ephemera pieces -included in this month's Savannah main kit - to create clusters around the letters of the title (so that they form a visual triangle).  Then just added a few extra embellishments from the cut apart sheet, the cardstock stickers, and to finish a few sparkling elements from the Embellishment kit.




To finish the page, the cardstock was trimmed, and then a large strip of one of the Flourish collection papers -included in the kit- was glued in its place.   A bit of distressing just created the perfect spot for another cluster of ephemera (more mer-cat/cat-mermaid goodness!!!).   After a few stamped images, and some gold splatters (i was hoping they looked like bubbles!)  the page was done!





Love how this turned out!!!  All those cat mermaid/mer-cat pieces in the ephemera pack of the Savannah kit just add the right amount of cuteness to this page.

Now it is your turn to put your ephemera packs to work.  Regardless of the kit you are receiving, check your ephemera packs, you will be surprise at what those little pieces will inspire you to create.

That is all for me!

XOXO

Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment