Thursday, November 2, 2017

Kit Love with Kira

Hello everyone!  Can you believe it's November already?!  I am back with a little kit love today.  If you haven't already gotten a closer look inside the kits this month, feel free to check out my unboxing video here.

I wanted to share with you three layouts I created with the main kit this month.  But first, let's talk about mojo.  Any of you experience periods of time where you just aren't feeling creative or motivated to get a layout made?  I know I do!  But the longer I put off creating...the longer I go with feeling "stuck".  My solution:  scraplifting.

You already know that this team is full of amazingly talented ladies creating beautiful layouts monthly, so why not take the inspiration they provide and scraplift them?!  Well, that is exactly what I did.  And I created three beautiful pages, using only the main scrapbook kit, in less than 2 hours!

 Here's a look at the first layout I made:



Can you guess who I scraplifted?  Anna, of course!  Her style is so distinct, I could spot a layout of hers from a mile away.  I always love her subtle mixed media techniques and her use of textiles, such as thread, in her pages.


I stuck pretty close to Anna's original, even stepping outside my comfort zone and adding some mixed media of my own.


I even went with a short, sweet title like Anna did in her original too.  I love these teal, glitter thickers.  They're perfect for boy and girl layouts alike!


Another favorite from the kit  is the exclusive die cut pack.  So many perfectly coordinating elements to use on your pages.


I only strayed from Anna's layout slightly when building this upper cluster, and I added some bakers twine from my stash for just a touch more texture. You can watch my entire process here.  

After I completed my Anna-lift, I worked on this page, scraplifting one of my all time favorite scrapbookers, Kelly!


Kelly has such a beautiful, delicate style.  And I love the simplicity of her pages.  It was a no-brainer when I saw her original layout that I NEEDED to scraplift it.


 Kelly's layout, like Anna's, had some subtle mixed media.  Which again, really stretched me!  (Guys, I never do mixed media...yet, here we are, two layouts in, with more paint!)  I used what I had in my stash (which isn't much) and created the soft pink-peach color by mixing white gesso with a drop of magenta Heidi Swapp color shine.


Kelly's original had so many gorgeous florals from the Turn the Page ephemera pack, and I wanted to recreate that in subtler terms with the exclusive die cuts from this months kit.  So instead of an entire "bed" of florals, I created a cluster on each side of my photo.


I went simple with my title using some of the die cuts and a word from the thicker sheet.  I finished the page off with some stamping and the date!  You can watch my entire process here

For my final page, I had to scraplift my insta-bestie, Mary!


Mary's original layout was very bright and colorful...and very girly!  I wanted to maintain the same fun feel while also keeping my layout less...pink.  (Let's be honest tho, pink is always bound to find its way onto my boy layouts too. Lol).



I stuck pretty close to Mary's original layout, but switched things up to fit the papers included in this month's kit.  Instead of fussy cutting around florals, I fussy cut around scallops!


Instead of butterflies, I scattered stars.  I kept with the placement of the title, and I love how the teal compliments that scallop paper so well!


I even found some mini clothespins in my stash that were a pretty aqua color!  Perfect for this scraplift.  I finished off by placing a fussy cut scallop piece at the top of the page just as Mary had done on her original.  You can watch my entire process here

And less than 2 hours later, done!  Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Such a great work Kira!!! And I’m so incredible honored to be one of your scrap lifts!!!
    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete