Thursday, October 5, 2017

Pocket Life The Small Things

Hello Crafty Friends! This is Jennie with my first Citrus Twist post! Today I'm sharing a few tips to document the small things with the October Good Vibes Pocket Life Kit!

I love that the Pocket Life Kits come with a bunch of cards to journal. I've been trying to use my handwriting more often since I'm always using my typewriter. 

Can you tell I went crazy with the Tiny Words Stickers from Citrus Twist?! I love to add little details everywhere and these are perfect for layering little clusters on photos. 

The variety of the Citrus Twist Die Cuts Ephemera pack is amazing because it has all kinds of shapes: labels, words, simple shapes like hearts,etc. When I started making pocket pages to document my life I didn't think I would have enough photos or events to do weekly spreads. I used to make layouts about everyday life already so I quickly rolled into the pocket groove! It's easy to oversee moments like waiting for the school bus or walking home. You can even use photos other people take! The photo of my daughter writing was taken by her teacher and she sent it to me through the DOJO App.

My mom was an avid picture taker and I love to look back at my photos and see my toys (which are now considered vintage 😨).  I like to include photos of my daughters' toys so they can also feel old when the look back at their "vintage" toys.

The Citrus Twist Stamps are amazing! The quality is really high and they stamp perfect on photos! I love to use one of my heart dies to create little sprinkles to add to my embellishments cluster. The 6x6 paper in the Pocket Life Kit has a very cute paper with little flowers that is perfect for these details.

I don't know if you noticed but my formula to embellish photos is to pick a corner, add washi, a word sticker or phrase, a small shape die cut and I sometimes add a staple. 
I hope you enjoyed my first post! This kit is so awesome I can't wait to create even more pages. See you later! Take Care! 

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Wish I could do PL too😍 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great PL spread! Glad all are happy with the new school routine!

    ReplyDelete