Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial: Using Packaging in Project Life

Hello lovelies!

For my first blog post as part of the Pocket Life DT, I decided to show you one of my favourite techniques - stretching your scraps and kit to the limit!


Today I am showing you how I used some of the packaging from the exclusive stamp and acetate letters to create PL cards for my spread. The best bit - it's easy and stretches your kit even further!


First, search through your packaging to see if there's any backgrounds that catch your eye. For me, straight away I'm a sucker for anything polkadot or grid, and BAM both of them were in this month's PL kit. #winning


Then, simply cut down your packaging to size. Even if your packaging isn't quite large enough, you can always use some of the 6x6" papers included in the Pocket Life Kit to add the extra length you need.


Finally, embellish with your favourite bits and pieces from the kit! Add some doodly borders and splatters for some extra fun. I really enjoy using the labels from the cut apart sheet on my cards, both as layering pieces and journaling spaces.


You can always use actual pieces of packaging ephemera from your week as PL cards too!


Head over to the Citrus Twist YouTube channel to watch my process video (and even get a sneak peek of the bunnies and baby Archie!) and don't forget to subscribe to watch more fun videos from other members of the Citrus Twist Design Team!

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment