Saturday, May 27, 2017

3 To Inspire - Two Ways!


Happy Saturday! It's Tara and Andrea here with you sharing our twist on '3 To Inspire' today. We have a couple layouts to share as well as a double challenge! Andrea joined in along for the fun  and we gave each other a recipe challenge. Join us and try out our recipe challenge!

Here is Andrea and her take on the recipe I gave her.



Tara challenged me to do a layout with: 

1. monochromatic or two-toned color scheme
2. puffy stickers
3. multiple photos

This was her “recipe” for me and I loved it! It was such a cool challenge! I don't know if I have ever done a page where I limited the number of colors that could be used like that and it actually helped to push me out of my box and I think it came out so cute! I love the pinks and greens in my layout! I also don't think I have ever used so many puffy stickers on a layout so that was a cool creative push too!




I really had fun using the May “Brighton” for this challenge! It was cool to pull together all the things from it that I thought would work and then just proceed creatively from that point. You are limiting yourself on what you can use from a kit (which is already like a creative limit of things to use from your scrapbook stash), but it actually opens up all these new ideas and possibilities! That is the point of a challenge like this, it really helps you to be even more creative and to try new things!


Often when we scrapbook, especially if we have been doing it for a long time, which I have, we can get caught in the same habits when it comes to making a layout. I know there are certain ideas, styles, products, formats, etc, that have become favorites of mine, that I tend to repeat. And so I always try to do new challenges like this every so often to make sure that I don't fall into a subconscious loop of creativity. I suggest you challenge yourself every so often too so that you mix things up and stay fresh! And it definitely helps even more to have someone create a “recipe” like this for you (instead of picking a challenge recipe for yourself, although that can be helpful too). Someone else might be able to better see what your tendencies are and think of some new ways for you to switch things up a bit!


I had so much fun with this challenge! Working with Tara was excellent! She is very sweet and supportive!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the recipe Andrea gave me to work with:
1. doodling or brush-script
2. use a paperclip
3. layering pretty patterned paper



I loved the challenge Andrea gave me! I really wanted to take advantage of the fun exclusive 6x6 papers that were in the Brighton Pocket Life kit this month. I started off with a layer of vellum under my photo from my stash and my favorite paper was the blue colorful paper I used on the right side with the floral doily print.


I made a little layered cluster at the bottom of the page. The colors in the kits this month are fun and bright!  I used a label stamp to create the purple label beneath the "be fearless" die cut. I cut off the black and white striped border from one of the 4x6 journaling cards to use as another layer.


I added in a plastic paper clip from my stash to add even more layering. I love using little strips of papers to make the kit go a long way. The polka dot paper is the packaging included with the puffy stickers!


I decided to make my own journaling card using a brush script phrase I wrote out. I absolutely loved the bird houses on the wall so I went with that theme for some fun. I liked keeping the color scheme minimal and bold with black lettering on a white background.



I really love how this layering came together. 


Now it's your turn! To play along with this week's 3 to Inspire Challenge, create a project incorporating all three of the prompts from one of our challenge recipes, post it to our gallery with today's date (5/27) in the title, and you will be eligible to win some happy mail from the CTK Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment