Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Elsie

Hey everyone, it's Elsie here! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. Sketches are such a great starting point for your layouts; I always love working with them. This week's Sunday Sketch is a really fun one, so let me talk you through how I used it.



As you can see I kind of deviated from the sketch, but the structure is still pretty similar as I kept the idea of three main elements. Because the paper-pieced castle ended up being such a large element, I decided to only use one photo, so it didn't make the layout feel too overwhelming and busy. 


To account for not using a second photo, I added extra details on the bottom of the layout such as the girl and butterfly, which I fussy-cut from the cut-apart paper in the Main Scrapbook Kit. These work as my third main element.


I loved the cluster on the top right corner of the sketch, so I kept that the same. How cute are the CTK exclusive puffy heart stickers? I used them on the layout "tone-on-tone" style, I especially love how the green ones look on the green watercolour grass!


Talking of watercolour and mixed media... The sketch had a large piece behind the three elements, you could totally use paper, but I wanted to add something a bit more subtle. I used some modelling paste through a star stencil instead, and I think this makes my Princess Castle look even more magical!!


To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (2/26) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store - yay!

I can't wait to see what projects you come up with!

- Elsie x

2 comments: